Yes, owners and renters can now complete the required Check In Check Out forms electronically on our app, Good Sam Travel or online through mobile.
Electronic forms will be available for completion on the first and last days of the trip and should be completed with the owner and renter present during check in and check out.
During pick up and drop off walkthroughs, owners and renters can easily record and report the state of the RV, fuel levels, mileage, and other required information together on our app via phone, mobile, or other app friendly technology. The app requires both parties to select the correct information, upload pictures, and sign off before and after the trip. There is the ability to add comments if either party wishes to document something specifically. To do this, please just toggle the related section or wait until the end for an overall comment. This information will be stored and can be reviewed at any time.
To complete these forms, the owner and renter will sign into one of their accounts using one device and will follow the steps below:
- Log into your account on the Good Sam Travel app using the login button at the bottom of the screen
- Select the “My Rentals” tab, the third button over from the left
- Click Rental Details
- Scroll down to the Inspections' section
- Select Rental Start Inspection, highlighted in the picture below
- The owner should begin the inspection by checking the ID of the renter to ensure that he or she has been approved.
- Next, the owner will go through the step-by-step process with the renter present, going over various systems and features of the vehicle. If an issue is found by either party, toggle the tab button as shown below, and add a comment. When finished with this section, press the red button at the bottom to move to the next step in the process.
- After you complete these steps, you will be required to sign your name (please sign first and last name. If unable to do so, please initial as this is required for claims)
- Once the owner has completed this section, please pass the device to the renter to review and complete their forms (Please note that a renter may start the process as well but it is recommended for an owner to start)
- The renter will review the information submitted and add their own notes
- After confirming that all information is correct, the renter should also sign the forms with their signature (or initials if they are unable to put in their full name)
- Repeat these steps upon drop off
Please note that this application will be coming to desktops in the future. If the forms are not completed electronically, please ensure that the paper rental forms are completed as they are required for claims. These forms are located on our website and are emailed to you 72 hours before the start of a rental.